Nassau County Car Accident Lawyer for NYC and Long Island Crash Victims
The NYC & Nassau County car accident lawyers at Aronova & Associates will fight aggressively to make you whole after your car accident and keep the responsible party’s insurance company from taking advantage of you.
Car accidents do more than just damage your vehicle. Even a low-speed accident can leave you and your passengers with significant injuries that require extensive medical services and weeks or months of rehabilitation and therapy. When someone else is responsible for that accident, that person’s insurance company will pressure you to settle quickly and to accept an amount that will probably not cover all of your injuries. That’s where the experienced auto accident attorneys at Aronova & Associates come in: We have decades of experience successfully negotiating with insurance companies on behalf of our crash victim clients. We know all their tactics and won’t back down until you are offered the maximum amount of compensation available under the law.
Getting your life back together as you recover from car accident injuries can be stressful and fraught with high emotions. Call the personal injury law firm of Aronova & Associates can guide you through this process and reduce your stress on the path to a successful recovery.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
Common types of car crashes that can lead to lawsuits include:
- Head On Collision
- Rear End Collision
- Distracted Driving
- Vehicle Rollover
- Motorcycle Accident
- Hit and Run
- Pedestrian-Car Accident
- Bicycle-Car Accident
- Commercial Vehicle Accident
Common Car Accident Injuries
No two car accidents are alike, but some types of injuries are more common than others, including:
- Head, Face, and Back Injuries
- Neck and Chest Injuries
- Broken Bones in Legs and Arms
- Cuts, Scrapes, and Contusions
- Soft Tissue or Ligament Injuries, and Joint Distress
Some of these injuries can be treated in one or two doctor visits. An experienced auto accident lawyer will understand, however, that the effects of certain types of traumatic injuries might not become apparent until days or weeks after the accident happens. Moreover, overworked physicians might not consider individual differences when recommending therapy and will simply prescribe a generic rehab plan that fails to account for those differences.
Aronova & Associates will be your best advocate to argue for compensation that covers more than just a minimum rehabilitative treatment plan.
Reasons to Retain an Auto Accident Attorney
Defense lawyers for insurance companies are experts at arguing to reduce the value of your claims or to deny the claims altogether. Further, you may have a greater claim for monetary compensation than you realize if your injuries keep you from working and earning wages from your job, or if those injuries reduce the quality of your life and your ability to enjoy time with family and friends.
Generally, the severity of your injuries is measured by at least three elements:
- What type of injury or injuries have you sustained? Head or neck injuries can lead to permanent impairment. Severe injuries such as paraplegia or quadriplegia can lead to a lifetime of bills for medical treatment, rehabilitation therapy, and caretaking.
- How long will it take you to recover? Recovery times will vary from person to person. A seasoned auto accident lawyer will work to obtain damages on your behalf that will account for the full amount of time you need to recuperate fully from your injuries, whether that is counted in months or years.
- What medical costs will you face? Considerations of medical costs should include future medical services that will be needed on account of your injuries. Insurance companies and defense attorneys might try to minimize those costs. A motor vehicle accident lawyer from Aronova & Associates will fight tenaciously to prevent the insurance company from shortchanging you.
When to Get an Attorney for a Car Accident
If you or a loved one have sustained injuries in a car accident in or around New York City or in Nassau County, Long Island, we recommend that you contact a lawyer as soon as possible. At Aronova & Associates, our crash investigators can collect valuable evidence from the scene while it is still fresh, including photographic evidence and eyewitness testimony.
A car accident injury lawyer from Aronova & Associates will ask you to sign a contingency fee agreement. We will not ask you to pay anything up front, and you will not pay anything unless we are able to recover damages through a settlement or trial verdict, at which time our payment will be a percentage of that award.
What Will Happen When You Hire a Car Accident Injury Attorney
- First, your lawyer will investigate the accident and confirm that all evidence is properly maintained.
- Your first priority after you have been injured in an auto accident is to recover from your injuries. Retaining a car accident attorney will allow you to focus on your recovery while the lawyer gets police reports, witness statements, and other evidence of the accident and its causes.
- Your lawyer will file a complaint before expiration of any statutes of limitations.
- In New York State, you must file your complaint to recover damages for your injuries within three years of the date of the accident. Your car accident lawyer will file your case within the allotted time limits to make sure that you do not lose your right to recover any compensation.
- Your lawyer will establish a line of communication with the responsible party’s insurance company.
- Some accident victims feel intimidated when they communicate directly with an insurance company. Your auto accident lawyer will handle those communications for you and act as your spokesman and advocate in negotiations for damages.
- If necessary, your auto accident attorney will take your case to trial.
Many auto accident cases are resolved before they go to trial. When the responsible party or his or her insurance company refuses to offer fair and reasonable compensation for your injuries, your lawyer will take your case to trial.
Your auto accident attorney will prepare and manage every aspect of your case during this time, including taking depositions, filing and arguing preliminary motions, and prepping witnesses who will testify at the trial.
Want the Best Auto Accident Lawyer in New York City or Nassau County? Call Aronova & Associates
Call Aronova & Associates as soon as possible after your car accident if you have suffered any type of injuries, even if you do not believe that those injuries are serious. Our experienced car accident lawyers will analyze your case while all evidence is still fresh and before memories begin to fade.
We have extensive experience in representing injured parties in car accident and other personal injury cases in New York City and Long Island. We will keep you informed of the progress of your case from its beginning through to its conclusion, and we will not stop fighting for you until you receive the largest possible amount of compensation for your injuries.
- Tips for Driving in New York City, https://www.tripsavvy.com/tips-for-driving-in-new-york-city-1612991
- When to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney, https://www.dmv.org/insurance/when-to-hire-a-personal-injury-attorney.php